5/1/12

Tie-in novel to game?

So, now that I am back on the creative path (yay life improvement), I can start concentrating on the game again. Just a reminder, the game draws alot of influence from Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series, and I for one am damn excited about finishing it at some point. Volitle world, magic galore, good vs evil...blah blah blah. :)

Still, one idea I had, was to write a few novels (or novella's) that take place in the world. I want to do this for a few reasons. 1. I can finally write the novel I have been talking about writing for most of my life. 2. It is a good way to get people interested in the game as well. Well, unless the novels suck, and then it could be very counter productive to say the least.

Still, I like the idea. Two diferent stories from the two main factions of the world. One from the faction that has a stranglehold on the world and looks to make sure that doesn't change...and one from the faction trying to fight for it's freedom.

I have already started writing the later, but am at the beginning stages. It is called Kushara's Fate.

Is this a good/bad idea?

2 comments:

  1. It's a great idea. And you don't see many people doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is what I thought, but is easier said than done. :)

    ReplyDelete