11/22/12

Things I am thankful for...the Thanksgiving edition

This is what I am thankful for today. 
  • That I have damn good friends that gave me a place to stay in Pittsburgh. A chance to start over when my life was looking pretty god damn bleak. What they did is something I can never repay, but can only hope I can be there for them if they ever need anything.
  • That I have friends back in New York that also gave me a place to stay. Also gave me money to stay in a hostel, instead of having to find a shelter. Not to mention my friend Henry has always been there to thump me in the head when I started acting the idiot.
  • I am just thankful in general that that the people I can call friends are there for me. Even if I am too stubborn to ask for it.
  • I am thankful for being in reasonably good health. I do need to lost some weight and get back into a gym. But all in all, I am healthy.
  • I am thankful to be employed. I have no idea for how long, but I did not work for so long that it became a part of me for a while and that was hard to shake off.
  • I am thankful for my family, although they deserve better than what I give them.
  • I am thankful for my love of reading. It has always been there like a friend, and has helped me when things were darkest.
  • I am thankful I got to witness two of the friends I mentioned above get married a few months ago in New York City. They are amazing together and I am so damn happy for them. It was a beautiful ceremony and I am just glad I could be there.
  • I am thankful for the relationships I have made (and continue to make) on Google+. There are some great people on there and meeting people as geeky as I am is just awesome.
  • I am thankful for the lessons I continue to learn as I grow older. Trying to be a better man and being able to look to the future.
  • I am thankful for my brother Mike. He died almost a year ago of Cancer. But he taught me what it means to be a good man. He is the best man I have ever known and I can only try to be a little more like him each day.
 Lastly, I am thankful for whatever my future will be. The new people, the new challenges, the new loves (one can only hope), and the new memories.         


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great list, lol. I am thankful that you have so many positive things to say. You touched alot of places people never look. You sound like you are very happy which I for one always believed you deserved! My prayer is that your life on gets better & better. Of course that's what I've always wanted for you. We love & miss you! Have a Happy Thanksgiving & don't eat too much turkey & dressing, lol!

    ReplyDelete